Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Voted 10/28/08



I didn't like my pic so I cropped the sticker off my shirt to post it.

I went to vote around 4:45pm. I was in line next to a school teacher that had on the nicest earrings; Green my favorite color. She was there to vote a straight Republician ticket... NOTE: I did not ask who she was going vote for... I just happen to see that she checked it off on her application. Bad Me!

I haven't voted in Georgia in 8 years and it was a big surprise to see the method of voting has changed. Everything is electronic. Once I reached the inside of the fire station I noticed that no one had the long ballot forms (like Michigan). It was very interesting to see the former school teacher handing out a bright yellow card that resembled a credit card to insert in the machine. At first, I thought I would be so lost in my new experience but, I didn't fret too long. "I was a Girl on a Mission!" The atmosphere was very pleasant... There was only one child (with parent); she had to be around 12 years old. I asked her if this was her first time voting and she said No! LOL. The line moved very fast and I got on my mark and made my selections and moved on out of the was with my head held high! During my selections my blood was moving swiftly and proudly. I thank God that I had the opportunity to vote in the Presidential Election! and to vote in an Presidential Election where a Black Man was running! Obama '08

Thank God!!!

No comments: