Thursday, October 23, 2008

St. Simons!

Ok. my dad is from St. Simons Island, Georgia and I currently live here. It's a interesting little place that many people seek to visit for special quite getaways. In spite of what may sound like a remote place (in Georgia) you can really drive over the bridges and get here... The island is approximately4 hours south east of Atlanta, 1 hour south of Savannah, GA and 1 hour north of Jacksonville, Fl. This island is 11.5 miles long and 3 miles wide. There is a pier, a lighthouse... and plenty of marshland to set off every one's sinuses when the weather change. This is the place to be if you want to see wonderful fireworks during the fourth of July, art festivals throughout the year or to enjoy warm weather year around.

When I get a chance I will add some snap shots of the island but, my pics will never display the real beauty of this island!

I know... Straight Random!!!

No comments: